The Occassional Poetic Present

Every now and then I have my usual sugar attacks right?
The nagging crave for some well soaked sponge cake with berries of the forest...

So, when I am at the Hilton, the place famous for cheesecake, I am of course not going to pass up the offer to check out their cakes and pastries, even though I was shamelessly there to attend a good friend's wedding (Sorry J! =p)

Look at all the pretty babies all dolled up!

My evil for the night - a strawberry bergamont cake.

Sitting perfectly on top of a crisp short-bread base and lined generously with the tangy strawberry sauce, the light sponge was layered with a light cheese filling and sprinkled with some caramelized pistachios. A tantalizing glazed strawberry to give the finishing touches on this beautiful pastry picture.

Perfect endings to a Friday night and luxurious start to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment