Hidemi Sugino and Pierre Herme Japan


This trip to Japan, I was determined to try the must reputed Hidemi Sugino.
So determined was I to make it up to my repressed cake demon, I was even mentally preparing Hubby G for the supposed snaking queues that appear shop-front even before opening hours at 9:30am.

But when we arrived shortly after 11am, there were no queues. In fact, it was so quiet, we stopped and had a cup of coffee.

There were 2 sections of cakes - one that could be taken away and one that had to be eaten in-house. So we packed 5 away and stayed for 3:


Mariee (raspberry w alcohol)


Aradis (strawberry, cranberry, orange peel)

Arabique (very strong coffee)

The cakes were pillowy soft, hence explaining their inability to last outside of the refrigerator homes for more then 10 minutes. The mousse melts in your mouth and the flavors come real and distinct.

The ones we took away were a little more interesting.

Ambre Noix (walnut coffee cheese)


Pomme d' Eve

Cuppaccino

Chatain (crispy tart shell)

Amethyste

I would have to admit, for the most of the cakes, we were devouring them blindly. The cake descriptions were in Japanese and none of the waitresses could explain to me what we were eating.
I was unfortunately, for most of the selection, disappointed. The quality of the ingredients were certainly unmistakably fresh and top-notch. Unfortunately, I would have traded any of them for a Pierre Herme vanilla tart in a flash...

Which brings me to my cake craving satisfactions!


Ooo, my heavenly vanilla tart - I drool as I reminisce of your creamy rich center and crisp fragrant tart...

Pierre Herme - still my no. 1 Patissier.

No comments:

Post a Comment