Breakfast at Champs-Elysees

Apart from designer brands and designer sidewalks and designer monuments, Paris didn't exactly tickle and wow my fancy with their culinary skills.
The cafes and bistros that flank both sides of the Champs-Elysees offer a wide variety of essentially the same thing...all day breakfasts, sandwiches and chefs special of dubious meat.

We ordered the pancake with the complete works of -fried egg, ham and cheese. G wanting something hot and more staple, ventured with the beef stew.
I know my photo taking skills are bad, but in my defense, it does look that unappetizing and it tastes as bad as it looks.

The pancake was pretty good. I think this was what the Chef at the now defunct Le Petite Britton in Singapore was trying to achieve when we had dinner there once. The pancakes tasted remotely like the wheat ones we made a few months ago - solid and heavy. A good greasy breakfast to start the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment