Bread at a Comfort Level

Just when we thought bread talk, Ya Kun, Ah Mei and Four Leaves have gotten the local market's love for bread covered, Bread Talk creates, Toast Box.

Ok I know what you are thinking, I'm seriously back-dated! Toast Box has been around and making that serious cup of coffee and thick toast bread for the longest of time! I should be keeping up with the program!
Well, I probably won't have considered tea and toast part of my weekend agenda. But since a toast box sprouted within the neighbourhood, we thought, what's the harm in having a nice lazy afternoon tea for a change?

Damage done - addiction to fattening, oily french toast for a good 5 days.


Being the greedy family we are, we ordered a variety of trio - peanut butter, french toast and otah. To wash it all down, G had the coffee and I, my good old-fashion favourite Horlicks.

Over-dose would be an under-statement. The killer was probably the thick toast. Though soft and freshly-baked, the slices were alittle too thick for our finishing.
The french toast was crisply fried with the slight aroma of egg and a slab of butter as the complimentary finishing touch. The peanut butter toast was thick in the peanut butter spread and thick in the toast certainly satisfying any peanut butter cravings. As for the Otah variation, not much to comment, nothing above average.


I guess once in a while, it is good to slow down and take detours from the routine.
Toast to that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment