These Are a Few of My Favourite Things

I always look forward to and treasure those nice evenings I get to let my hair, and my guard down, release my inhibitions and emotional baggage to a trusted confidante. The feeling of being absolutely free with someone, no judgment, no condescension, just honesty, and the two of us. Only made perfect sense to pair that with my latest favourite Bonta , and chic Canele.

True to my "hate-change, love-routine" form, I zoomed in on my two favourites, the lobster angel hair pasta and foie gras ravioli. I know my dining companion would love the ravioli, and of course, described it aptly like my previous exclamations of heart-stopping sheer decadence.

Greediness always bites back with a vengeance. Leaving Bonta, we feeling rather sick, bloated and guilty. Insistent that its all nothing a little warm tea can't fix, we headed towards Canele. Actually we were really tempted by the newly unveiled Macaroon but sadly I only read the advise in Chubby Hubby, to go for a full meal rather then just head there for dessert, a little to late. I was truly looking forward to the opening of this concept restaurant, but I guess will have to leave it for another session.

My Moroccan mint tea was a soothing welcome to aid my indigestion and clogged arteries. But its hard to step into Canele and just order tea. To satisfy the sugar crave, we shared the Le Royal and Vanilla Meringue.

We didn't finish our cakes, and we were still bursting when we left that night. But nothing like such sweet shared moments to cement and affirm close friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment