Da Paolo Blueberry Cheesecake

On an ordinary weekday evening, as G and I take a leisurely window shop in Paragon after dinner, we passed the Gastronomia by Da Paolo and decided to grab a couple of snacks and dessert home. Hubby ordered the pamma ham sandwich and I was fickle between the banana bread and the blueberry cheesecake. He ordered me to take both, so both we did.

On the drive home, I must admit that based on first impressions, I was having regrets. Firstly, it was just plain greed, second, it was a tad extravagant for a cake and second, it really didn't look that appetising.

But I was so wrong! This is one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had! So good, I had to stop hubby midway through his enjoyment in the second bite, just so that we could get a decent photo of it. The cheese was rich and creamy, smooth throughout even at the edges despite refrigeration, yet it was not cloying or "je-lat". The thin crust was crumbly and light, providing just the appropriate balance to the cheese. The blueberries that we initially thought didn't look appetising, added a nice natural sweetness to the fluffy cheese and light biscuit.
I'm craving another bite just writing about it! Good thing we kept half of it in the fridge for an encore. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment