Banna Walnut Bread with Lemon Icing

My penchant for cooking and baking has crept back into my routine being and found a permanent nesting ground. Yippee!

I had been recently craving a good slice of cake. But the shops just don't make them exactly the way you love them. I love my cakes exploding with chunky ingredients and with absolutely no dash or cream whatsoever. And apart from Cedele, you don't get cakes slathered with icing rather then buttercream or whipped cream. But even their orange cranberry loaves are eluding the shelves nowadays.

So over the weekend, I dug out my baking pan and got down to baking a banana walnut cake.

Within minutes of whisking, banana mashing, blending and folding, the kitchen is filled with the beautiful familiar smells of yummy cake-batter baking and rising in the oven. Top that with thick luscious lemony icing and I'm satisfied.

Paired with a cup of Nespresso, this was a perfect dessert for the Hubby too after many a dinners. :p The best part about banana cakes? They taste just as great, even after a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment