The Marmalade Pantry


They have moved to Ion. Smart move I suppose since the human traffic at the Ion would certainly be much heavier then where they used to be. Sad move as that would mean getting a table at any mealtimes would be murder. It's a good thing I'm having lunch at 11am in the morning.

The seating capacity has definitely increased, and so has their cupcake selection, of which I had the greedy chance to sample a few of the good old ones as well as the new.

I wanted to try something new apart from the usual suspects like the crabmeat pasta and falafel wrap in the menu, so I ordered the spiced grilled lamb and my dining partner had the beef cheek guinness pie.



The grilled lamb was excellent. They only had white sandwich bread but the toasty warm bread went well with the Iman blyaldt, radish and mint leaves.


The 300-day grain fed beef pie was nice but pretty plain vanilla to me. It had a warm, homely feeling but I would have preferred the falafel or linguini any day. And for the priciest item on the menu, I was seriously expecting more.


Of course no trip to the Marmalade pantry will be complete without dessert and a cupcake. My new favorite is the Geisha. It was a tough fight between this and the red velvet, but my penchant for pandan won.


We also shared the blueberry ricotta fritters, quite the pleasant change. If the portions during lunch left me feeling a bit peckish, these fritters sealed the deal. They were a little too starchy for my liking but the blueberries gave a nice dimension to the cheese and the cinnamon cream and dusting of icing sugar gave the fritters just the right sugary end to my lunch.



Unit 03-22
Orchard Ion
2 Orchard Turn
Singapore 238801
Tel: 67342700
http://www.themarmaladepantry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment