District 10 - My first and My Last


Yes, their expressions says it all. It's a scorching Saturday afternoon and already first impressions are marred as we step into the poorly ventilated bistro. The heat and the food left much to be desired and I probably speak for everyone at the table that we would probably not be returning for encores.

The salmon pate was bad, with a capital B. Fishy pate should just not be one of those things that a restaurant decides to serve generously.

It's hard to go wrong with deep fried calamari. I suppose any good restaurant shouldn't get this wrong. Thankfully the batter was light and the calamari wasn't too greasy.

The home-style ribs probably saved the meal, albeit it's pretty boring. The meat was tender, well marinated and served in a generous hearty portion.

The duck confit was one of the few dishes recommended but I felt the meat was a little too dry and it wasn't as impressive as I had hoped for it to be.

The wagyu meatballs unfortunately sounded much nicer within the menu than in picture.

The 2 pizzas we ordered were also pretty decent at least.

The crust was wafer thin and the greens were fresh while the ham - tasty.
Although we normally almost never stay for dessert in a bad restaurant, we thought we should because the chocolate sundae had quite a few dazzling reviews.

Ok, I'll admit the sundae is pretty yummy, chokeful of freshly roasted almonds and generous scoops of ice cream laced richly with luscious chocolate.. it's almost a shame I am not a choco-lunatic. The profiteroles were not to bad either.

All in all, the food was just borderline average. Needless to say I was very much disappointed since this was suppose to be the latest establishment from the Bonta group. I had been so eager to get the lunch reservation. Sadly an hour and a half later, I had almost wished we didn't....

District 10 Bistro
10 Winstedt Road
#01-17
Tel: +65 6738 4788

No comments:

Post a Comment