Mini Fish / Pork Floss Springrolls


Every year for Chinese New Year, Kong Kong always made special pork/fish floss springrolls for me and the cousins. We didn't fancy the usual "Hei-bi" ones sold off the shelf so he and Nei-Nei always made a whole bottle of springrolls for the reunion dinner.

This year Nei Nei didn't want us to be without the tradition. So she initiated making these little springrolls with Mum. Being around, meant being an extra pair of helping hands, so I got down to trying my hand at these little babies.

Man! Are they hard work!!!

It took like a good 11/2 hours to rolls out that 1 plate of springrolls! And this is about as much as we got:


Not too shabby for a first attempt at making 'Homemade!' Chinese New Year goodies. But it really made me appreciate all those years my grandparents painstakingly took to roll out all these springrolls. And they were only two pairs of hands. Thats really unconditional love in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment