Birthday Treat #3


The hubby surprises me with my present at midnight.
I have been wanting to get a pair of diamond earrings for the longest of time!!
I hadn't wanted him to spend so much on my birthday, I was incredibly touched.
Really sweet as I was going to head off to bed tired after a long day. *hugs*
The Saturday started out lazy just as I wanted, didn't want to do anything special.
G wanted to cook dinner for me, so he asked me what I felt like eating.
Clueless to his intentions, Japanese curry became the agenda on the menu because I was craving some tonkatsu. I've made Japanese curry before, but I had always made it with beef stewing in the curry because I was way too lazy to make the pork/chicken cutlets.
So when G said he would make the Japanese curry with the full works or pickles, beef and pork / chicken cutlet, I was elated and touched.


The poor man slaved in the kitchen for a good two hours while I enjoyed the time off reading / watching my videos. Its a birthday treat in itself when a meal is painstakingly prepared and the cooking and washing-up all done by someone else! =P



Finally my dinner was served.



The chicken / pork cutlets were really yummy. The pork was fried golden brown, the chicken was so tender! I had like four pieces (that's alot, if you know me)!! Throughout the meal G worried incessantly, but most unnecessarily that I wouldn't like my dinner. I loved it! It was just like the curry I was craving for, thick and flavorsome but not too salty. I would even boldly say it tasted better then two of the Jap joints I recently had Japanese curry at.

Thank you for the lovely dinner G, and making my birthday and weekend restful and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment