Reee-Li-Sh That Thought


Call me a silly goose for having occasional cravings for a good solid burger and crispy french fries but every once in a while, a girl must have her good beef patty fix. I wonder how convenient that is, considering just days ago, I had read on Chubby Hubby's that his pal Willin Low from Wild Rocket and Wild Oats had opened a higher-class burger joint along Bukit Timah.


I'll say, smart move on the location. Where better to open a burger shop then a place flocking with...ahem..expats with just that penchant for this 'cuisine'. To drive that message home further, he even recommends the perfect beer to go with his different burgers. Beer and Burgers...hmm, need we say more?


I was rebellious though, I ordered the curry chicken burger but refused to go for any beer other then the pink killer. I'm no beer gal, I shamelessly admit I only like cocktails and fruity mixers. So any beer with a sweet, fruitier taste, I like. This one's got grapefruit. Hubby, went with the safe recommended Sapporo with his order of the Ramley burger.


Our burgers came with the requested side of home-made onion rings and french fries to share.
The onion rings are superb. I hate those kinds of onion rings that are stringy un-bitable and literal 'onion' rings. Fortunately these were nothing like that. They were crispy and lightly battered, and tasted really good and enjoyable.

The burgers took about 10 mins to be served and probably a look at the meat patty will explain
why. A definite full-inch thick, this was one solid chicken patty not to mess with! Got substance that's for sure. The bread was lightly toasted and the vegetables were crispy and definitely fresh. The curry-mayonnaise dressing was sufficient to provide the flavour although I wouldn't have minded a sloppy one where the curry just oozes out with every bite.


Hubby's Ramley was fairly predictable. The patty came wrapped in a swathing omelet blanket dressed decently in thai-sweet chili sauce. The patty was just how we like our meats - medium rare.


With a 11/2 inch patty, we really had to get our hands dirty and messy for this one. Now that's what I'm talking about. Juicy and messy!



The french fries were decent too. I much prefer skinny and crispy fries but as long as they are well fried and adequately salted, they taste good too.


Hubby waiting patiently for me to finish my trigger-happy moment.

So when we were done and licking our fingers clean, we discussed our take on this new venture. We both came to the same conclusion. It's a definite good burger. The meat is prime, the sides were essential and came out fulfilling all expectations. BUT. Here comes the key question - will I come back again?

If its for a regular burger fix, probably not. $20 is a rather extravagant price to pay. But if it's a really good kick-XX burger I am craving for, I'll say.. go for it. We'll probably be back. Not too soon, but we'll probably be back.

Relish
#02-01 Cluny Court (next to Serene Centre)
501 Bukit Timah Road
Singapore 259760
Tel: 67631547

2 comments:

  1. its so funi how u actually managed to slice the burger so well like a pc of cake!mine was like tumbling..;p

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/21637784@N03/2124796570/in/set-72157603507272801/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh, we cheated, we got them to half it for us. =p

    ReplyDelete