ToMo Revisited - and It's still GOOD

Yes, we revisited. Just 4 days shy of returning from our wonderland of sushi and tuna bellies, we braved the danger of overkill and made reservations with Chef Tomas to celebrate Sis L's birthday and our 2nd wedding anniversary.


Dinner commenced with a refreshing light salad. I always fear offending the chef when I am here. So despite my meat-asaurus instincts, I forced myself to take a leaf. To my surprise, it's actually quite nice. With a tangy of refreshing vinaigrette, the rocket was quite appetising.

Next was a generous serving of salmon roe (ikura). Served cold, these little ball bearings burst to spill a cool oily-salty roe..Nice, but a little too hard-core for me. The rest liked it though, only sis L and I had to stop after 2 or 3 mouths.



The next sight was inviting - our yummy sashimi platter! After the educational trips to sushi bars in Japanese, I could at least identify a few of the fish and sashimi. The scallop and uni were obvious, the mackerel was also easy to identify, for obvious 'avoidance' reasons. The otoro, arkshell, white fish and yellow tail were thanks to the many "show-and-eat" sessions in Tokyo.

The king crab made an encore appearance tonight. Of course with B around, we always have entertainment.

The next dish was a grilled tiger prawn with a really nice dressing that I can't put my finger on. It kinda tastes like miso but yet it seem to also possess a distinct cheese taste. Either way, it was again too tempting to resist so I went for it. Don't know if it's because it's the tiger of prawns, but after 2 juicy bites, I had to grudgingly surrender it to hubby again. The tingling itch of my allergy was starting to creep up.

Then cousin J ordered some bamboo clams and sushi. He said he never really had cooked food at Tomas' because he loved his seat at the counter and his usual - "sushi parade"- he calls it. Where his sushi come out one by one on to the personal wooden platform after being 'dressed' by David, the sushi chef.

As good as I recalled the sashimi, the sushi reiterated the memories. G and I are definitely coming back to try out the sushi parade, that's for sure.


Tomo Fine Dinning
6 Raffles Boulevard #02-03
Marina Square
Singapore 039594
Tel: 6338 4486

No comments:

Post a Comment