The Boon Tong Kee Detour


The jam on the CTE was unusually massive and G and I was getting rather fidgety in our seats. So when the Moulment exit finally crawled into view, I figured we could exit now and shave a good 20 minutes off our journey home. Turns out, we got distracted and got home 50 minutes later; half a chicken and three bowls of rice fuller...

The revisit to Boon Tong Kee was a pleasant surprise as I hadn’t realized they had renovated and air-conditioned one section of their restaurant. This clearly was a winning point with the customers judging from the full-house seating and a forming queue on a mid-week night.

We ordered a couple of other signatures along with our chicken drumsticks.
I liked the tofu, light and crispy on the outside, soft and fresh on the inside. G preferred the pork ribs, which I found a little too intense and salty for my liking.




Crispy fried tofu with salad cream and Imperial Honey Pork Ribs

During our meal, G commented that I was returning to my Hainan roots with my recent tasting of “Boah” – a Hainanese coconut and peanut dessert, and my new constant carving for Scissors-Cut Curry rice and Western food, the latest visit to Shaslik and now Chicken rice for dinner. My granddad will be proud.

Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice
401 Balestier Road
Singapore 329803
Telephone 6254 3937

No comments:

Post a Comment