Ming Kee Live Seafood

A close family member mentioned something really interesting... life after marriage seems to revolve around a central theme of F-O-O-D for us.
It must be the influence of those frequent visits to food blogs and dining reviews that Numb Nymph is starting to take on the persona of a food blogger! I guess what differentiates me from dedicated Food Bloggers is my obvious lack of creativity in photo-taking and collage-building, my inability to describe food with such passion and my ignorance in spices and ingredients is too embarrassing to sometimes even attempt a cautious review.

Always vehemently again blogging (knowing someone can get into my thoughts anytime just scare the life out of me), my ironic original intent for keeping this blog was so that I could capture visual memories of the important, yummy and interesting things that occur around or within my insignificant life, and of course, hope that I can disseminate information to my friends and family when I'm privy of something worth sharing.

Back to the topic of this entry...

Lest I digress, I doubt I will do any justice to Ming Kee's fresh and totally reasonable nosh, but I guess the least I can do is share the photos, the address and let you all decide for yourself. =) Maybe after you can leave a comment.

This is G and my second trip down. I have to admit I had a little inertia as I'm not one to get super excited over Seafood and the previous meal we had here, I wasn't particularly bowled over. But after this dinner, I ate everything, together with my words with satisfaction.

The piece de resistence of our dinner had to be the crab beehoon. On our previous visit, I argued for Sin Huat's version of this signature. But after my second try, I had to undeniably join my dining companions, putting my vote in for Ming Kee's as well.
The crab meat was firm and sweet, done how any proud restaurateur will have it, - nude to show off its freshness. The beehoon was coated fragrantly with crab roe, my only complaint was there wasn't enough of it!

We also ordered the mussels cooked in an umami, soy sauce based sauce, steamed scallops covered in young garlic, homemade tofu with mushroom and broccoli, Guinness Ribs and Patin Fish steamed in Soy Sauce. (This was the second time Soon Hock was not available..)

All the dishes were served in an impressive record of under 30 mins. We had to repeatedly ask the wait staff to slow the kitchen down. The food however, in my books comes as faultless as it can get. Its all light and fresh, un-marred by heavy spices, revealing the chief's skill in bringing out the essence of cooking seafood.
I didn't have a personal favourite that night, but a personal favourite seafood restaurant was named.

Ming Kee Live Seafood
556 Macpherson Road Singapore
Tel: 6747 4075



No comments:

Post a Comment