Sunday Lazy Lunch - Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro

Since Q was free to join us for lunch today, we decided to venture slightly further then our comfortable neighbourhood and head to Greenwood Fish Market.

Yes I am boring, I have two favourite 'must-haves' at this tiny Fresh Seafood Market Cum Bistro located right next to Lana Cake Shop. Since G is scared sick of them, I was more then happy to have Q as my always trustworthy sharing-portion companion.

We shared the soup of the day and the Sole Fish and Chips (I prefer it crumbed but they only had battered that day) and the Chili Soft Shell Crab Pasta. G had Oysters and the set lunch.

I was a tad disappointed as I much rather prefer the crumbed version, but nevertheless the fish was very fresh and the batter was thin and crispy so not as greasy as most served in other bistros. The pasta came piping hot with the perfectly deep fried crustaceans sitting on top. As expected, I love this oriental twist, the sauce was not too spicy, just right for my pathetic chili threshold and the crabs were only lightly battered so they tasted like tempura.

But after 20 greedy minutes, I started to realise that fried fish and crabs do not a good combination make for a Sunday afternoon. My stomach felt well-lined with greasy and my eye-lids way too heavy to start making our way home.

Cold Storage will have to wait.

GREENWOOD FISH MARKET AND BISTRO

34 Greenwood Avenue, Tel: 6467-4950

Opening hours: noon - 2.30pm, 6.30 - 10pm, closed on Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment