I have the Best Hubby in the World

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of bodies out there cringing, with goosebumps appearing throughout their entire body - me being one of them- with the title of this post.
But honestly, I do have the best hubby in the world (of course I have no other point of personal reference but for case in point, please read further.. if you don't agree, that's because you have your own best hubbies in the world and I obviously will not hold that against you. =)


Lately I reinstated my penchant for late night snacks. Obviously the mind preaches "no carbs after 9 pm!" but the body is so not willing to corporate. Whoever said it's all mind over matter clearly doesn't like food that much. Nevertheless, I digress.

After L got me addicted to Royce's milk chocolate coated cookies with hazelnuts and cocoa bits ($12.60 for a box of 25 cookies) not only had I gone out and bought a box for myself, I had also taken to having one with a bottle of Yakult every night. It's greedy, it's decadent I know, but every woman is entitled to her weak moments surely? So every night after we get home, to add to my routine ritual of having my bath, my 8-minutes hair blow drying and my 3-step face moisturizing, I would start another with my new comforting treat.

Now, finally we get to the point, why I would like to purport that I have the best hubby in the World...After the second time this nightly crazy ritual began, the hubby started putting my Yakult and cookie out for me - no questions asked! He would wait till I was half-way through my blow-drying to take them out of the refrigerator so that it would still be nicely cold. He even puts the straw in so nicely for me so that I could jump right into my nightcap without much effort!.

It is such a sweet and thoughtful gesture, I was totally touched. Helps that I am a total sucker for "the little things". I mean I totally believe its the small and unmentioned acts of love that are often hardly displayed. Any man can claim to buy you the Universe but how many will run that extra mile and put the straw in?

No comments:

Post a Comment