Mumtaz Mahal - Preweekend Special

I just love Friday nights. It signals the weekend is here and it just sets the brain to a more relaxed hibernation mood. Since Monday, G and I have had a craving for Indian food, so we decided to treat ourselves to some yummy curries at our favourite Indian restaurant at Far East Plaza.

I love their naans! In my books, their dried fruit and nut naan is one of the better versions I have eaten. As for the curries, the creamier and mild spicy, the better! =)
Limited by our number, we tried to curb our greedy inhibitions and ordered only three curries.

There was a misunderstanding with the maƮtre d' in our orders and he brought us a chicken tandoori drumstick each as well. The chicken was disappointingly but expectantly dry. At least the rest of the curries made up for that.

The lamb kasmiri (a cashew nut infused curry) was really yummy. The butter chicken, a usual suspect on most of our dining tables at Indian restaurants lived up to our expectations. It was rich and creamy and for a good fifteen minutes our conversations were reduced to "hmm, yummy, nice, ooo, pass the XX, thanks.." Not a fan of fish curry, I gave this curry a miss but according to G, the fish was good, though the curry tasted similar to the kasmiri.


From left to right: Lamb Kasmiri, Mustard Fish Curry, Garlic and dried fruits and nut naan, Butter chicken

G ended the meal with his usual Masala tea. Me, not a fan, but I was content just sitting there; let the curries and naan digest while I daydream about tomorrow's breakfast..

Mumtaz Mahal (Far East)#05-22/ 23,
Far East Plaza14 Scotts Road, 228213
Tel: 67322754

1 comment:

  1. I love Indian Food washed down with masala tea! G knows how to enjoi

    ReplyDelete