Canele - My Favourite Pâtissier


The Simple-Roon: Pistache, Rose,
Signature Macaroon: Milk Chocolate Passion fruit, Hazelnut Praline (my absolute favourite) and Bergamote Orange

Finally!! I have some decent pictures of my favourite patissier of all time.
Dubbed the sweetest spot in town, pastry chef Pang Kok Keong had the privilege to pupillage under the infamous Chef Pierre Hermé - my dream date in Paris.

Nominated twice for the Pastry Chef of the Year at both the 2005 and 2006 World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence in Singapore, his beautiful and creative pastries of art are occasionally displayed either in both his chic black Robertson Quay and Paragon petite shops, or in black photo albums strewn over the magazine counters.

My favourite after many coffee sessions and tastings has to be the L'Amour. This has got to be the true taste of love - one bite and I was in love! I am obsessed with pink coloured desserts. The love for all kinds of berries, were the initial draw for me. But I was soon enjoyed the sugary sweetness from the rose macaroon and meringue to balance the tartness from the fruits.

I secretly believe the other reason why this has become my favourite is very simple - I am very greedy... I like to eat my sweet things, layer by layer, so the more the merrier! The piling of fruit and meringue sticks just looked like a generous dessert. With a teasing macaroon to start off and a moist raspberry marmalade coated almond cake to end off, its almost like I finally had a pastry chef after my own heart, I couldn't possibly let him down by passing it up?!


Hubby G's favourite tiramisu classics
My Favourite: Elegant L'Amour

G's favourite is the classic old-fashion tiramisu (no surprise there). The man loves his occasional tiramisu, and he really liked the Canele's version. Most cakeries or patisseries use alot of cocoa to mask the dilution of coffee and alcohol. But with Canele's tiramisu, he could taste the aromatic coffee and rich white rum and brandy infusion. G never refuses one each time I drag him there for my dessert fix. =p



Canele
Robertson Walk
11 Unity Street #01-09
Tel: 6738 8145

Paragon
B1-25 Paragon,
290 Orchard Road
Tel: 6733 8893

No comments:

Post a Comment