Weekend Plate Shopping

I think G and I found a new hobby apart from eating...plate shopping! We thoroughly had a blast! Tiring albeit, but what a fulfilling trip we had.

What's plate shopping and lugging if we didn't have energy right?
So we started with lunch, heading down to Maxwell market since it was the nearest foodie haunt to where we were going. I went straight for two stalls, No. 31 and No. 68 - the infamous kueh and the crowded Hainanese curry rice stall.
In true Hainanese fashion, the rice was dripping with curry and meat sauces. I like my gravies mild, so I took well to my lunch but hubby G prefers his sauces thicker with more oomph! so he wasn't that impressed. The meats were good though, the pork chops were still warm and crispy. Washed down with fresh sugar cane juice, I was ready to be manual labour.

Sia Huat was ultra-fun! The first floor carried mainly the industrial baking and cooking utensils and machinery. We were starting to wonder where all the plates were when found out there was a second floor. We finally found the plates and serving cutlery we were scouring for among banquet and hotel crockery. Distracted by the immensity of their offering, we disciplined ourselves to focus on our task at hand.
Two ecstatic hours later, we had our final purchase! (excluding those that would be delivered because they didn't had stock)


From the top left: My Precious Cake stand and serving knives, Square Main Dish Serving Plates , En·trée serving plates and sauce holders, Espresso Cups and Square Serving Bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment