Tamako Sunday

Yes, my craving for Japanese (ok, maybe just the katsu curry) is never ending! I don't know why I am so obsessed with the Japanese version, it must be all that Aji-no-moto. Either ways, G can attest to the number of ridiculous Japanese curry requests I throw at him in a week. Good thing the silly man loves me, his sake and sashimi tons to oblige.

After church on Sunday, G and I had lunch with C2 and a few other friends at Tamako. It's location is hardly conducive to draw crowds since it't located along Casuarina Road and that place is more known for its atrocious parking and crispy prata. But this cosy hidden restaurant has been around for years, since I was a little girl, so they must be doing something right! I wouldn't say its a great place for Jap food, but hey, it's reasonable Jap nooch at a fraction of the arm and leg places in the likes of Akane or Keyaki charge.

View from the top: Tamako and the entrance facing Casuarina, no surprise, my japanese curry and one of the yummiest potato croquette I have tasted, handphone-size-huge california roll, fresh salmon sashimi rice

Presentation is simple, no-frills. Servings are unpretentious and generous. Ingredients are fresh and authentic. Service is intimate and attentive (the place is run by two middle-aged ladies).

C recommended that we end our meal with a Yakult Sundae.. Considering my recent Yakult craze , I was totally game! It's a scoop of creamy smooth vanilla ice cream served with Yakult of your choice. Quite an interesting combination of flavours from two simple sweets typically served separately in other restaurants. I would have ordered another if I wasn't already bursting, to the point it was starting to hurt.

Tamako
128 Casuarina Rd
Tel: 65534128


No comments:

Post a Comment