The Ostentatious Heartland Crab

This weekend has got to be the freest G and I have ever been since the longest ever. We were appointment free and able to chill the whole afternoon with no firm plans to dance regimentally around. While making non-committal and fleeting suggestions for dinner, I made a call to Melben Seafood on a way out whim and a fancy - and I got through!!

So on the spot, crabs for dinner - it shall be.




Quite obvious from the crabs chosen who ordered what - G wanted their signature chili crabs and I wanted something that at least remotely felt like the creamy butter crabs from seafood paradise. To add some variety we also ordered their lotus leave pork ribs, another recommended signature.

The food was not too bad, but honestly, not worth the hype and long queues. We were suppose to collect our order at 6pm but when we got there at 6:10, the lady in charge of the take-out queue asked if they had given me a call to ask me to come. "You wait until we call you then you come ah" came my dismissive shoo-away. After taking like another 30 mins or so to get and pay for my order, I already had more then enough time to admire the steel determination of the people in the queue and to contently stand next-in line in the take-away queue.





Probably the only highlights would be their chili crab. It helps to have a cool dining companion who will lovingly peel off the entire pincer, fat and juicy ready for my kill. Like I said before, my hubby is the best! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment