The Comforts of Home-Cooked Food



During the week, Godpa and Godma so kindly invited Hubs and I over for an oh-so comforting home-cooked meal. The dishes were simple, but they clearly required painstaking effort only loving hearts could churn and we loved every morse, sauce and slice of it.
It has been a terribly long time since we both had hearty comforting home-cooked food. So much so that we tucked in before I took any photos! I did manage to get a shot of the dessert Godma prepared though.
She reinvented a dessert she and Godpa tried in Hong Kong - soft glutinous rice rolled with coconut. She added her own spin to the rice rolls by putting fresh mango slices within.
The freshly grated coconut with gula melaka straight from Malacca added a fragrant and sweet goodness to the tangy mango and soft glutinous rice rolls.
A warm feeling tugged at my heart-strings because it jolted an emotional memory of a similar dessert my grandfather made once for us. It was so familiar, so heart-warming and sooo good!
I now have a constant craving Godma.... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment